If you are wondering: How do I know which Windows I have? you just arrived in the best possible place.
In this article we will explain the fastest and most efficient way to know the version of Windows that you have installed on your computer.
Depending on the Windows you have, there are different ways of knowing the exact version installed on your pc.
Know the installed version of your Windows
With Windows 8 and 10
How to know the version in Windows 8 and 10
- Stand on the desk
It is important to place yourself on the desktop to avoid that the combination of keys that we will perform below does not interfere with any program.
- Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard
An order execution box will open, to continue, carry out step number 3.
- Type "winver" and press Enter
Once this step is done, a window will open with information about the version of your Windows.
With Windows 7 and earlier
- Click Start, the Windows logo icon usually found in the lower left of the screen.
- Open the "Run" program or type winver in the search bar and hit Enter.
If you have carried out the previous steps correctly, a window will open About Windows where the Microsoft Windows version, build information, and service pack information.
Here is an example of the window that should open:
Alternative methods to find out the Windows version
Here are some alternative methods that can help you find out what version of Windows you have installed.
1. Open a File Explorer window by pressing Windows key + E .
2. On the left, right-click This PC .
3. In the context menu, select Properties to open the System Properties window.
4. In the System Properties window, find the entry Type of system , which lists your operating system and CPU type.
- Go to the Windows Start screen.
- Scribe about your pc and select the option About your PC .
Windows 7 and earlier versions
- Right-click on My Computer on the Windows desktop or in the Start menu.
- Select option Properties .
- In the System Properties window, as shown below, the Windows version and Service Pack (if installed) are displayed.
- Open an MS-DOS command prompt.
- Scribe watch and press Enter.
Windows on mobile devices
If you are running Windows CE on a mobile device, such as a cell phone or PDA, you can determine the version of Windows CE by following the steps below.
- Click Start, Setting and then Control Panel.
- Click on the icon Systems . In System Properties, you will see the Windows CE version and build.