There is a debate about how to charge our cell phones since people have started to have problems with the duration of the charge of their phones. No matter the brand or model, from the Android operating system to Apple phones have problems with batteries. Therefore, this time we will talk to you about how to tell if your iPhone is charging but it doesn't turn on and stays off.
Cell phone batteries gradually have more charging capacity, which allow us to use the phone for hours and hours. However, sometimes it happens that we forgot to charge the battery of our mobile or we have gone out without the charger, resulting in the phone turning off completely.
If your phone has turned off completely, there should be no problems, you just have to connect the charger again and if you wish, turn it on. But there are occasions where our iPhone does not react when the charger has been connected, that is, the battery is charging but the screen remains black or completely off.
This problem may mean that the phone has discharged to the point that it is not able to even turn on the screen, so you will need a minimal charge. Or it could be that you have a problem in the hardware, be it a failure in one of its components or even a problem with the charger you are using.
How to know if your iPhone is charging or if it is off
First of all you must know each of the symptoms that your iPhone may have under these circumstances. So next we will teach you how to check if your iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, X, XR, XS, 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, 12 mini, 12 Prox Max, iPhone 12., is charging or if it is off.
Verify that your iPhone is in good condition can save you money on a technician. So, if your iPhone is in this state, check each of the following symptoms before thinking about taking it in for repair.
- Allow your iPhone to charge for at least 25 minutes. Sometimes we are impatient and our iPhone may simply run out of a drop of battery. Therefore, leave your cell phone charging (even if it is off) for at least half an hour, it is recommended as the first option before doing something else.
- Use the correct charging cable for your iPhone. There are times when we lose the cable to charge our phone or it just gets damaged, and when we replace it with another we don't choose the right one. Using the wrong charging box or charging cable can slow down your phone, or even damage the battery.
- Verify that your iPhone cable is in good condition. This point goes hand in hand with the previous one, a cable in bad condition can mean that your phone is not receiving the power charge as it should, so it is pertinent to verify that it is not broken or damaged.
If your phone has not reacted yet, what you can do as an alternative is force the ignition. This varies depending on the model of your iPhone.
How to force power on or restart your iPhone
This technique can help you in some circumstances. It can be useful both in the event that your iPhone does not want to turn on or when you are stuck with the screen on. You just have to keep in mind that depending on the model, you will need to use certain buttons to force the restart.
The buttons you should use to force restart or power on in each of the iPhone models, they are:
- Force power on or restart on iPhone 6s or lower. You must simultaneously press the side buttons and the home button, or the top button and the home button. This you must do for at least 10 seconds, while the Apple logo appears.
- Force power on or restart on iPhone 7 or 7 Plus. Press the volume down button and the side button at the same time. Wait 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.
- Force restart an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, X or Higher. Try pressing and releasing the volume up button in a hurry. Then do the same with the volume down button. And finally, you hold the side button until the brand's logo is displayed on the screen.
How to take care of the battery when charging your iPhone
Taking care of your cell phone battery is something very important and that many people do not take into account. So if you choose prevent your mobile battery from wearing out, it is recommended that you follow the following tips to the letter:
- Use the official charging cables and adapters. If you use adapters that are not original, they can harm the battery of your iPhone.
- Keep the software always up to date. Developers often add system enhancements that optimize your iPhone software, including a power-saving feature.
- When you are going to last a long time without using the phone, turn it off. There are days when we will hardly use the cell phone, either because we are traveling or simply away from it. So we recommend turning it off with the 50% battery, no less.
- Do not use the phone while charging it. The cell phone should be charged without interruptions, disconnecting or using the phone while it is charging is harmful to the battery.
- Don't let your iPhone get hot. Cell phones are designed to be kept at room temperature. If you leave your iPhone exposed to the sun for hours or near a hot place, when it reaches temperatures above 34º the damage could be permanent.
Most of these tips are common sense, they may be so simple that they don't seem necessary, but every point is important. AND you should keep these tips in mind if you want your cell phone battery to last much longer.
Conclusion if your iPhone is charging off
If you have tried each of the methods that we have provided in this article and your cell phone still does not turn on, there is something you can do before taking it to the technician. The program Tenorshare Reiboot allows you to troubleshoot software of iOS devices. So if your iPhone has software problems, you can solve them by installing this program on your computer.
In the event that you have tried this program, you have no choice but to take your iPhone to technical service. Given that you may have a hardware problem or just have a bad battery. This can be a bit expensive depending on the place you choose, but if you have already ruled out all the options, there is no other option.
Battery damage is the result of not taking care of the battery of your cell phone when charging it. For what you get a new battery or buy a new phone, keep in mind the tips we gave you earlier to take care of your phone's battery.