Currently, there are only a small percentage of people who are unfamiliar with the tech giant known as Apple and its biggest smartphones, iPhones. These iPhones often come with a instant messaging app which is unique to Apple products, and that app is commonly known as iMessage. the IMessage instant messaging app It's not only found on iPhones, but other Apple products as well, including Apple Watch, Mac PC, and iPad.
Along with Facebook and WhatsApp Messenger, iMessage has become one of the most popular and used instant messaging apps right now. However, there is a problem when it comes to using the iMessage application on a Windows PC, and this is the fact that iMessage was originally developed for Apple devices and not for other devices, including Windows. However, this does not mean that many Windows PC users are not very interested in using this amazing instant messaging application on their PC.
There are many reasons why Windows users will be interested in getting their hands on a IMessage application for your PC, and one of them could be because they intend to link the iMessage on your iPhone and iPad to your PC. So they can chat with their friends on their PC while they work and avoid distractions in the workflow. Another reason could be simply because you want to chat with your friends on iMessage as they all use Apple devices and you don't want to buy an Apple device.
Although the instant messaging application iMessage was not developed for any other PC apart from Mac, there are some methods that can be used to operate a IMessage application on a Windows PC.
Using iMessage on Mac OS PC
As we mentioned earlier, use iMessage on a PC with Mac OS It is not exactly difficult because the application was designed for Apple devices, but we are still going to explain how to use it on Mac PC. Setting up your iMessage platform on your Mac PC it is not so difficult; all you have to do is follow a few procedures. These procedures are as follows;
- Unlock your Mac PC and then launch the Messages application via the application dock or folder. You can also choose to use the search command to find it if you don't know where it is.
- Use your Apple ID to sign in if you already have an account, or you can use the Create New Apple ID feature to sign up for a new Apple ID.
- Once you are logged in, choose "Messages" from the options and select "Preferences", and you will see the iMessage icon.
- Enter your email address and mobile phone number that you want to use for iMessage registration.
And once you are done with these procedures, you are done with setting up your IMessage instant messaging app on your Mac PC.
Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Now to start chatting with him IMessage application on your Mac PC, you will have to use Chrome Remote Desktop. Google Chrome Remote Desktop can also be used to set up a IMessage application on your PC, but it will require you to have access to Windows and Mac OS devices simultaneously. With this, you will be able to remotely access your Mac PC from your Windows device. So it won't be a problem when you use your iMessage from any of your devices. Follow these steps to use this method for setting up your iMessage instant messaging;
- Prepare Mac and Windows OS devices and make sure the Mac device has an iMessage.
- Go online and find a reliable source to download Chrome if you don't already have it, then download Chrome Remote Desktop as well. Do this for both of your PCs. Now it will install Chrome and Chrome Remote Desktop on Windows PCs and Macs.
- Once the installation is complete, it will proceed to launch the application in Chrome Remote Desktop on both devices.
- Now, you will proceed to download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer on your Mac PC.
- After downloading, it will install the file on your Mac PC.
- A security code will be used to connect Windows and Mac devices securely through Chrome Remote Desktop. And with this, you will be able to use your iMessage application on your Windows PC.
Using a free emulator like iPadian
If, by any chance, you don't have a Mac PC, but are still interested in using the IMessage application on your Windows PC, you can look for a reliable free emulator like iPadian. iPadian is similar to Android emulators which are used to run Android programs on Windows PC. However, this particular emulator is only used to run iOS programs on Windows PC. iPadian will help you develop a virtual environment on your PC that will allow you to run iOS programs. And how exactly is the iPadian iOS emulator used to run your iMessage app on your Windows PC? Follow these steps to find out;
- Find a way to download the iPadian iOS emulator from a trusted source.
- Now, you will install the iPadian app on your Windows PC.
- Launch the iOS emulator.
- Read and accept the iPadian terms and conditions of service.
- After the installation is complete, you will run the iPadian emulator on your Windows PC.
- Once it fully opens, find the iMessage app in the search bar.
- Now, you will download the Messages application on your PC.
- And finally, you will open the downloaded Messages app and start chatting with your friends in iMessage with your Windows PC.
Jailbreaking your iOS device is another method that can be used to open an iMessage application on your PC. By jailbreaking your device, you will get rid of all administrator restrictions set by the Apple corporation and will be able to fully use your iOS device. However, it is important to backup your iOS device to iCloud or iTunes before trying to jailbreak the device. The steps involved include;
- Look for an app known as Cydia, then it will download and install it once it finds it. This is one of the apps that can only be used for jailbroken iOS devices.
- In the Cydia app, you can get a remote Messages app for about € 4. And then you will use it to configure a web-based interface that will allow you to access a wide range of extensions and applications.
- And now, it will use your iPhone's IP address in the browser to connect to the web-based interface.
- Once done, you will be able to log in and download the iMessage application on your Windows PC.
Conclusion: iMessage on PC
You can use the iMessage app on Mac PC easily because it is specifically developed for Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, and Mac PC. However, you can still use the iMessage app on your Windows PC using the above methods such as jailbreaking or using an emulator or Chrome extension.